The 2015 InFocus Screen Industries CPD Programme
Designed to support the development of screen industry professionals across the UK and internationally, the Nottingham Screen Partnership (NSP) have developed InFocus, a CPD programme providing development of knowledge and networking across the creative screen sectors.
This 8 day programme offers the unique opportunity to connect with the UK’s fast growing screen industry sector (film, TV, games). Through a series of master classes, visits, networking events, screenings and workshops you will get access to some of the leading experts in the industry. Covering all programme expenses (excluding travel to and from the event), this programme will provide valuable opportunities for screen industry business development and networking.
In addition, this event offers the chance to access the 2 day microfilm summit organised by the Nottingham Screen Partnership. The Nottingham Screen Partnership is a unique consortium consisting of partners from across local and UK business including Nottingham City Council, the University of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University, Creative England, Nottingham Creative Quarter, Confetti Media and the Asia Business Centre. The NSP has been designed to develop and support a strong, robust screen industry sector and showcase Nottingham as an international hub for the development of screen based ideas, research and talent.
Current programme elements include (subject to confirmation and change):
Day 1 (13th October): London industry connections
Day 2: London industry and BFI London Film Festival
Day 3: Nottingham- screen industries technology, research and production including start of the Nottingham International Microfilm Festival (NIM Festival)
Day 4: Nottingham- film training, development and success (including NIM Festival activities)
Day 5: Nottingham- animation, gaming culture and developments (including NIM Festival activities)
Day 6: Nottingham- NSP Production market and industry masterclasses (including NIM Festival activities)
Day 7: Nottingham- NSP Microfilm Summit day 1 (including NIM Festival activities)
Day 8 (20th October): Nottingham- NSP Microfilm Summit day 2 (including NIM Festival activities)
The programme will include talks, screenings and masterclasses from a number of industry professionals from the UK and USA including:
International Industry Representatives:
- James Shannon (Dolby Laboratories)
- Glenn Kiser (Director of the Dolby Institute, formerly General manager of Skywalker Sound, Lucasfilm)
- Tom Walsh (Emmy award winning production designer, formerly president of the Art Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, member of the advisory board on Sony’s Digital Motion Picture Centre at Sony Studios, LA)
- Francine Marchetti (Senior VFX producer, member of the Producers Guild of America, the Visual Effects Society in Hollywood and of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences of America)
- Denise Mann (Head of the leading UCLA School of Theatre, Film and Television’s Producers Program, author of several books and a world authority on digital filmmaking and transmedia)
- Dr Yang Ming, President of Xinhua Net Future Media Convergence Institute
- Mike Blair - Shiver (an ITV company)
- Michael Eaton (award winning dramatist who has worked across film, television, theatre and radio and broadcast through BBC, BFI, Channel 4 and ITV)
- Jeanie Finlay (award winning Nottingham based documentary filmmaker)
- Al Clark - Wellington Films
- Gianluca Sergi – Director of the Institute for Screen Industries (University of Nottingham)
- Iain Simons - GameCity
The programme will also cover access to events and facilities such as:
- BFI London Film Festival (tbc subject to festival programming)
- Confetti Media
- Spool Films
- The National Video Arcade
- The Nottingham International Microfilm Festival (NIM)
- NSP Microfilm Summit 2015
- NSP Student Microfilm Competition Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony
We look forward to welcoming you!
Cost: £2500 (plus VAT) to include all travel during the programme (excluding travel to and from the programme), accommodation, event access and meals.
Dates: 13th to 20th October 2015
Expression of Interest:
To indicate interest in attending this programme, please complete the form below: